- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Pokhara is the second largest city of Nepal after Kathmandu. It is just at a distance of 200 km from Kathmandu, and is easily accessible. There are numerous regular flights, tourist buses, micro buses, and local buses that take passengers in and out of Pokhara every day. Just a 30 minute flight or 6-7 hours drive from Kathmandu, pokhara has spectaular mountain views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Manaslu and many more. The city is also the gateway for most of the trekking to the Annapurna region. The notable caves here are Bat Cave, Mahendra Cave and Gupteshwor Cave among others and the lakes in Pokhara include Fewa Lake, Begnas Lake, Rupa Lake, Gude Lake, Neurani Lake and Maidi Lake among many others. The newest attraction of Pokhara is Paragliding. Now you can paraglide from Sarangkot over the famous Fewa Lake and land at the bottom of the city. Other adventure sports in Pokhara include canyoning, Rafting, Trekking, Hiking, Bungee Jumping, Zip line, ultra light flight, base diving, kayaking, mountain biking and rock climbing. A day hike in Pokhara offers panoramic mountain views of Annapurna range, a rich insight in to the lives, history, culture and religion together with the picturesque views. High Himalayan Trekking organize a private day hiking trip for our clients anytime throughout the year.
Travel Insurance is highly recommended for all of our clients who are travelling to Nepal in the near future. Before you buy Travel Insurance for Nepal, you should make sure that the Insurance policy covers the cost of a rescue helicopter from mountainous or remote regions of the country and covers all extreme activities for your trip such as rafting, expedition, trekking, canyoning etc. If you fall ill or have an accident during your trip in Nepal, the cost can become exorbitant if you lack travel insurance.
Many insurance companies from all over the world are providing travel insurance services at a reasonable cost and if you are travlling in a group, you may be able to get further discounts.
Finally, please always have a printed copy of your insurance policy handy while travelling in Nepal and also, save an e-copy online. If you need more information about travel insurance, please feel free to contact us.
Tourist who intends to visit Nepal must hold a valid passport and visa.
You may get your tourist visa in your home country or on arrival. We recommend you to get your tourist visa on arrival as it is very easy. To get your visa on arrival, you must have a valid passport and one passport sized photo with a light background.
Tourist Visa fee for visitors who enter Nepal for the first time in a visa year, from January to December:
- Multiple entry visa for 15 days US$ 25
- Multiple entry visa for 30 days US$ 40
- Multiple entry visa for 90 days US$ 100
You may pay in Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen. Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
Tourist visa extension facility:
- Visa extension fee for the period of 15 days us US$ 30
- Visa extension fee for the period of more than 15 days US$ 2 per day.
- Visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a visa year (January - December) at the Department of Immigration.
No visa required for:
- Children below 10 yrs.
- Any foreigner, who has stayed in Nepal up to fifteen (15) days continuously and re-enters Nepal during the same visa year.
- Any tourist who is entering Nepal for three days or less.
Dos and Donts:
- A tourist may stay in Nepal up to 150 days in a visa year.
- A tourist must extend his/her visa before expiry of the visa validity period. A tourist who does not comply with these regulations may be liable of fine and other prosecution as provided in Immigration Act and Rules.
- A foreigner having obtained tourist visa shall not be allowed to work with or without receiving remuneration.
- A foreigner shall not be allowed to carry out any work other than that for which purpose s/he has obtained the visa.
You should make an appointment to get a check-up with your family doctor and dentist before embarking on your trip. Below is a quick list of frequently needed immunizations. This is only a basic guide and we strongly recommend that you follow the advice given by your doctor.
- Tetanus: An updated booster shot every 10 years is recommended.
- Typhoid: This series is now available in pill form and provides 5 years of coverage.
- Hepatitis (A): The Hepatitis A Vaccine (commonly called Havrix) is highly effective and provides 10 years coverage.
- Hepatitis (B): The Hepatitis B Vaccine is recommended for long term travelers and those in the health care profession. Twinrix is a combined Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Meningitis A+C: This vaccination is now recommended for Nepal. Each shot provides three years of coverage.
- Rabies Vaccine: Recommended for long term travelers but optional for tourists.
- Cholera: The risk of cholera to the foreign traveler or resident in Nepal is still minimal.
- Yellow Fever: Yellow fever is not a disease risk in Nepal and is only required if arriving from a country where yellow fever is present.
- Diamox: A number of studies have consistently shown that the controlled taking of Diamox (Acetazolamide) can be effective in reducing some of the symptoms of AMS (acute mountain sickness). We would recommend that you ask your doctor to provide you with a small supply of Diamox (12 x 250mg tablets).
Naudanda (1,443m) Day Hike
Duration: 1 Day
Price: $60 USD
Destination: Lakeside, Sarnagkot, Naudanda
Average Hiking: 6-7 Hrs/Day
Program Type: Guided Day Hike
Best Season: Anytime
Max. Altitude: 1,540m
Min. Altitude: 850m
Starting Point: Pokhara
Ending Point: Pokhara
Geography: Countryside, Mid Hills, Towns, Unique Culture, Villages
Min. Group Size: 1
Special Interest: Children Tour, Culture, Environmental Education, Ethnic People, Family Travel, Hiking, Lifestyle, Luxury Tourism, Nature Cruises, Photography, Senior Tours, Single Tour, Villages, Lifestyle, Exploration
Day 01 : After breakfast hiking start from Pokhara Lakeside and will have lunch at Sarangkot and continue hike to Naudanda than drive back to Pokhara - 78 hrs
- Pick-up and drop-off from your Hotel by Car or Bus
- Licensed and trained tour guide
- Transportation to and from trailhead
- All necessary documents and permits for tour (where applicable)
- National Park/Conservation/ world heritage sites entry permit
- Insurance, medication, and equipment for staff
- Coordination of Quick Rescue service (costs covered by your insurance plan)
- Travel/tour insurance
- Visa fees
- Rescue charge
- Drinks (cold and alcoholic)
- Expenses of personal nature
- Lunches and dinners
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike, road blockade or any other unexpected circumstances.
- Any other expenses which is not mentioned in included section.
No Details Found