- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Visit ancient Hindu temple of Changu Narayan
- Easy and short trekking; suitable for those with less time
- Hike through the forest and local settlement
- Stunning sunrise and sunset from Nagarkot
- Visit most popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley; Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath
Trip Introduction: 03 Days Short Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking
- Trip departures are available every day of the year.
- This trip is fully customizable. We can customize the trip per your need, please contact us.
- This trip is available on both Fixed Departure and Private Group Basis.
- This trip can be booked privately if you’re traveling solo or with your family.
- Have a big group? We can accommodate all of your needs.
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- We accept instant bookings and online payment
Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking provided with standard Itinerary days where some days walks can be shorter or longer as per your physical fitness, some designated overnight stops can change, due to available rooms and other facilities, etc…….
Best Season for Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking:
Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
Arrive in Kathmandu, at the Tribhuwan International Airport, and complete the formalities at the customs. You will then be received by the representative of Nepal Trekking Planner and escorted to the hotel for your stay. Check into the room; relax yourselves after a long journey to this beautiful nation in the hotel and get prepared for a half-day sightseeing to the nearby historical heritage of Kathmandu Durbar Square, a complex with ancient temples, royal palace and several monuments of prominence. Stroll around the cobbled paths surrounding the site and later in the evening get welcomed by the authentic cuisine in the cultural dinner. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Full day in Kathmandu with city tours
Today we have the guided sightseeing to the ancient, religious heritages and architectural excellences in the form of monuments, intricate carvings and historical complexes in Kathmandu valley. We shall pay visit to the Kathmandu Durbar Square, if it can’t be possible in the first day itself and then head for the 14th century old stupa of Swayambhunath, also popularly known as the "Monkey Temple" among the foreigners. Amongst the oldest heritages in Nepal, this stupa is famous for whitewashed stupas in its complex and the view of Kathmandu valley from its premise. Then we shall head on to Boudhanath Stupa, one of the largest stupas of its kind in the world, where the Buddhists and other visitors pay respect with alike and utmost faith. After getting relaxed with the chanting of Buddhist mantras, we shall go for other heritage if time permits. Later in the afternoon, you shall join a pre-trip meeting where trekking guide shall brief you about the trek and you shall have the opportunity to get yourself clarified on the queries, if any. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu to Chisapani (2215m/7267ft)
The trek into the natural sanctuary of Shivapuri National Park begins today as we drive to Sundarijal for the start of the trek. Sundarijal is a small settlement in the northeast of Kathmandu which is popular for the quaint, natural scenery, hydroelectricity station and small dam for the purpose of water supply to the Kathmandu valley. We walk along the stone stairs for some time and head into the wet, sub-tropical forest adorned by rhododendron and oak trees and trek past the watershed and lush forest to reach the first settlement in today’s trek, the village of Mulkharka. After the sparsely located Tamang village of Mulkharka, the trail leads us up to the heights of Burlung Bhanjyang and down the ridge through the forest of oak and rhododendron to the destination for today, the village of Chisapani. A settlement dominated by Sherpa community, Chisapani is famous for the panoramic view of the Jugal Mountain range including the peaks such as Ganesh Himal and Langtang Peak, the mightiest Everest and Kanchenjunga Peak in the east, and Manaslu and Annapurna to the far west. After witnessing a beautiful sunset, we warm ourselves in our respective rooms. Stay overnight in Chisapani.
Chisapani to Nagarkot (2100m/6890ft)
We wake up today with the pleasant sunrise over the Himalayas stretching in the horizon and prepare for the trek to another popular hill station of Nepal, Nagarkot. In a charming trail, we embark on our journey through the trail that passes through lush and dense forest of national park, along the ridge and provides us the occasional views of Annapurna, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu Peaks before we reach Chauki Bhyanjyang and nearby Jhule; trekkers generally stop in one of these places for brief stop and rest. Through the rural country side the trail continues through the dense forest which is green lush and relaxing, have some brief ups and downs on the trail and reach to Nagarkot, a hilltop to the east of Kathmandu. We have one of the most beautiful sunset and sunrise from this popular hill station of Nagarkot along with the view of Himalayas and unmatched scenery. The Sun decorates the mountains in surreal fashion and gives your imagination the chance to play with the color it unfolds before you. After a bit strenuous trek, you shall have overnight stay in a hotel in Nagarkot.
Nagarkot to Changunarayan and back to Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
Today as well we shall wake up with the beautiful sunrise over the Himalayas and after breakfast we shall head on for the town with ancient temple of Changunarayan. Beginning with the scenic surrounding of Nagarkot overlooked by lofty peaks, we shall trek through the terraced fields through the unique settlements inhabited by indigenous Tamang community, the major being Telkot village. The houses are typical with thatched houses made of stone, by the local craftsmen; the adjoining shed for animals and the vegetable garden next to the house supplies fresh vegetables. Local wines made in these villages are delight to the visitors. If interested you may taste the local dishes as well. On the other section, more scenic, trekkers traverse through rich deciduous forest; moving further every step the Himalayas seem more distant and the paths are more gradual and finally leveled path as we reach to Changunarayan Temple. A temple with intricate carvings, unique pagoda style and historical monuments, sculptures and statues, Changunarayan Temple is also listed in world heritage site list. After exploring this ancient temple, we shall drive back to Kathmandu in an hour. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Final Departure from country
The short and enriching trekking in the rim of Kathmandu valley comes to an end today as you shall be leaving for your onward destination. Go for some last minute souvenir shopping if you are interested in that. If you have booked for any other activities, you may extend your stay. If not, our representative shall assist you for your onward flight and escort you to the Tribhuwan International Airport. We hope that this short yet insightful trekking experience created some of the best memories of your lifetime and tempt you for another trip in this enticing nation.
- All airport pick up drop off by private vehicle
- Twin/double sharing accommodation in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle (entrance fees extra)
- Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Changu to Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Shivapuri National Park Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- Your cost includes insurance, wages, food and lodging for both your guide and porter. We take excellent care of our guides and porters, they are like family to us.
- Best available twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Snacks of biscuits/peanuts and seasonal fresh fruits dessert during the trek
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Guest Personal expenses like ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
No Details Found