- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Adventure on ancient Trans-Himalayan Salt Trade and Caravan Trail to Tibet via Mustang
- Extension of huge South-West Tibetan plateau and world highest table-land
- Explore lovely Mustang villages enriched with old traditional culture of Buddhism
- Impressive monasteries and trail decorated with impressive prayer walls and bells
- Walk on high windswept-dry and arid country within beautiful landscapes
- Grand views of snow capped peaks of Dhaulagiri-Nilgiri’s and Mustang Himal
- Trekking into former walled kingdom of Upper Mustang at Lo-Manthang
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft )
Upon arrival at the international airport, you will meet our office representative, transfer to the hotel. After refreshment in the hotel, you will be picked up by our tour guide for couple hrs sightseeing tours to Kathmandu Durbar Square. Back to the hotel and be ready for welcome dinner and briefing in the evening. Stay over night at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Full day in Kathmandu
This is time for explore in around the city. Today after breakfast your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel for day sightseeing tours to Swayambhunath Stupa, Patan Durbar square, Pashupatinath temple and Bouddhanath Stupa. Cultural dinner at on of the famous traditional restaurant. Back to hotel and stay overnight.
Drive to Pokhara (820m/2690ft) about 07 hrs drive
Today an early morning your guide will come to pick you up at the hotel and transfer to the tourist bus station for your day drive to the lakeside city of Pikhara through the scenic countryside. On arrival in Pokhara bus station, our hotel representative of Pokhara will pick you up and transfer to the hotel. After refreshment in the hotel, your guide will take you to the walking tours around the lake. Stay over night at the hotel in Pokhara.
Note: You can fly to Pokhara which takes 35min
Fly to Jomsom (2710m/8891ft) about 25min and trek to Kagbeni (2807m/9209ft) 3-4 hrs walk
This is another short scenic but early morning flight (25 minutes) from Pokhara to Jomsom, from you, are going to start the trek. The air route follows the the World's deepest gorge- Kali Gandaki Gorge between Annapurna I (8,091m) and Ddhaulagiri (8,167m) mountains. Upon arrival, collect the gears and supplies and trek 3 hours to Kagbeni alongside the Kaligandaki River with the magnificent Mountain View. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Chussang (2920m/9580ft) 5-6 hrs walk
Kagbeni in a main entrance of this trek, today the trail start with uphill for half an hour leaving the Kali-Gandaki River behind for a while. The path leads to harsh barren countryside all the way with occasional stop, passing through few small villages as the walk progress coming to the village Tangbe, another hour of good walk from Tangbe reach Chusang. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Samar (3290m/10793ft) 5-6 hrs walk
Today walk leads first to Chele village after crossing the stream through the broken canyons and ruin castle walls on the surrounding cliffs, across the river from Chussang are some spectacular red eroded cliffs above the mouths of inaccessible caves. After crossing the small bridge an uphill walk for 45 minutes brings you to Chele village. From Chele village the walk gets steeper for an hour up to the ridge at 3,130m, from here you can get a good view of Gyagar across a huge canyon. The trek continues with a slow climb on the windswept terrain till the pass is reached at 3,540m. From here the trail stars gradual up to Samar. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Ghiling (3600m/11811ft) 5-6 hrs walk
Today after breakfast the trail start short climb above Samr vilage to a ridge and downhill leading to a large gorge past a chorten. The walk continues into another valley with juniper trees, after crossing the stream the walk follows an uphill path to a ridge at 3,800m, the trail climbs over to another pass, from here the route descends to Shyangmochen, a small settlement with few tea shops. After a good break here, the trek continues to a gentle up and down a hill through the wide valley to Ghiling. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Tsarang (3520m/11549ft) 6-7 hrs walk
From Geling, the trail climbs gradually through the fields up the centre of the valley, passing below the settlements, the walk continues a long climb across the head of the valley to the Nyi La pass 3,950m, the highest point of this trek. The pass itself happens to be the southern boundary of Lo. From here a slow descends for half hour brings to a junction; the right path leads direct to Tsarang while the left leads to Ghami village one of the main major of Lo region. From here the final climb of the brings to a 3,600m pass, after the last pass a gentle descent leads to the Tsarang, Tsarang is the very interesting village. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Lo Manthang (3780m/12402ft) 4-5 hrs walk
(The Capital of Mustang) Today the trail goes up and down through the several interesting village, along with the river and nice and big Chorten. This walk offers nice view of the mountain and great wide windswept landscape with cross several passes. Finally, reach at the Lomanthang for over night stay.
Full day in Local Excursion in Lo Manthang
This is one of the largest villages in this trek, about 160 houses and the number of resident for the lamas. The school, health post, police post and several important chortens are located outside the walls to the north of the gate and east of the monastic part of the city. The people are very friendly and interesting here in Lo Manthang. Today you will be busy visit in ad around this area for different activities. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Ghami (3440m/11286ft) 5-6 hrs walk
Today the trail more descend and less short climb all the way to Ghami, cross few passes with the nice view of the valley and mountain. Once reach at the Ghami you will have to explore in and around. It has many important things to see. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Samar (3150m/10335ft) 4-5 hrs walk
Today after breakfast, we re-trace back to Samar. Today the trail less ascend and more descend with the nice view of the mountain rang. Stay over night at the tea house or tent.
Trek to Kagbeni (2807m/9209ft) 4-5 hrs walk
Re-trace back to Kagbeni, more descend and less ascends. Stay over night at the tea house.
Trek to Jomsom(2710m/8891ft)
Re-trace back to Jomsom, very gradual walk along the Kali-Gandai Valley. This trek offers the fantastic view of the Dhaulagri and Nilgiri Mountain. Stay over night at the tea house.
Fly back to Pokhara(820m/2690ft)
Today an early morning breakfast at the hotel your guide will take you to the airport for short but scenic flight to the Pokhara. Leisure day in Pokhara. Stay over night at the hotel.
Drive back to Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
After the wonderful time in and around Pokhara, today after breakfast you will transfer to the tourist bus station for day countryside drive back to Kathmandu. Stay over night at a hotel
Note: You can fly to Pokhara which takes 35min
Today you will transfer to the International airport for final departure.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle (Both for Domestic and International flight)
- 03-night deluxe accommodation in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours with private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- 02 night deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Pokhara to Jomsom to Pokhara by flight
- ACAP Permit and Special permit for upper mustang trek
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment Luggage per porter carries about 20kg).
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- All necessary entrance fees for the guided sightseeing tours in city
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
No Details Found