- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Superb sunrise views over range mountains from scenic Poon Hill top
- Walk into beautiful landscapes with grand scenery of green hills and mountains
- Explore traditional Gurung and Magar / Poon villages of great cultural interest
- Daily views of snow peaks on walks from the start to an end of the trek
- Enchanting rhododendron and pines forest a natural garden in flowering times
- Panorama of world's 3 highest peaks Annapurna-Dhaulagiri and Manaslu
An advantage of booking trip with Royal Nepal Group
- All airports pick up drop by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- First aid kit box
- Royal Nepal Group provides sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags for porter, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
Trip Introduction: Annapurna Skyline Trek - 6 Days ‘cultural and scenic walks in the shadow of massive Annapurna mountains’
Annapurna Skyline Trek allows you to be within spectacular mountain views visiting scenic hills covered within enchanting woodland of tall pines and rhododendron trees (national flower of Nepal). In spring time the whole hills will be alive when wild flowers are in season bloom.
An enjoyable and exciting country walks on high ridges in the shadow of massive Annapurna Himalaya range of mountains, where trekking is not as tough altitude wise, as this marvelous short Annapurna Panorama Trekking takes you at less than 3,000 m high, only for a short time at scenic view point at Poon Hill above 3,210 m.
Short Annapurna Skyline Trek starts with short drive beyond beautiful Pokhara city and its verdant valley heading at the foot hills following the old Trans-Himalayan Salt Trade of Nepal and Tibet that extends further Ghorepani towards Upper Mustang.
As walk climbs into rural farm villages with views of cascading water-falls on leaving the low warm areas for cooler alpine region into lovely rhododendron forest to reach at Ghorepani village, habitat by Poon / Magar people where morning hike takes you on top Poon Hill.
At Poon Hill enjoy striking sunrise views over wide range of Himalayan mountains from Dhaulagiri-Nilgiri’s-Vara Shikhar (Annapurna Fang) with whole range of Annapurna with A-I, A-II, A-III and A-IV with towering peaks of Machhapuchare the famous Fish-Tail includes Lamjung and Manaslu Himalaya towards Mid-East direction.
Enjoying a time of your lifetime where our route leads to more interesting areas and around hill villages. As walk heads downhill within serene cool coniferous woodland to reach at Kimrong river valley to reach at Jhinu village a place with natural Tatopani hot-spring, where you can refresh in its nice warm pools.
After a glorious time and feeling in good spirits with the alluring views than heading back to scenic Pokhara with short circuit visiting large Landruk village of impressive cultures, then ending our marvelous walks at Kande after walking past nice and magnificent spot Australian Camp or Thulo Kharka means cattle grazing fields offers outstanding panorama of Annapurna and Manaslu range, then downhill to a road head for exciting short drive back to Pokhara on completing fabulous short Annapurna Skyline Trek.
- Trip departures are available every day of the year.
- This trip is fully customizable. We can customize the trip per your need, please contact us.
- This trip is available on both Fixed Departure and Private Group Basis.
- This trip can be booked privately if you’re traveling solo or with your family.
- Have a big group? We can accommodate all of your needs.
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- We accept instant bookings and online payment
The Annapurna Skyline Trek provides with standard Itinerary days where some days walks can be shorter or longer as per your physical fitness, some designated overnight stops can change, due to available rooms and other facilities and etc…….
We will follow the itinerary if its need to be changes in case of weather, landslides and difficulties on walks requiring more days where our leader and lead head guides decides holding full authority for Royal Nepal Group.
Drive to Nayapul 1,010 m and trek to Tirkhedhunga 1,577 m -04 hrs.
Moring few hour drives takes you further west to reach at Nayapul with panorama of Annapurna and Manaslu Himalaya during drive.
On reaching at Nayapul where our first day walk begins following Modi River to lovely village Bhirethati, from here trek towards North West with slow uphill climb for few hours, leading past interesting Gurung farm villages and terraced fields to reach at Tirkhedhunga for overnight stops with time to enjoy beautiful cascading waterfalls at Tirkhedhunga.
Trek to Ghorepani 2,840 m - 05 hrs.
Second day of the adventure starts with morning climb on nice stone steps to reach at Ulleri a large and typical Hill village, inhabited mostly by Gurung and Magar tribes offering views of Machhapuchare Himal with Annapurna South and Huin-Chuli peaks.
From here on gradual winding up to reach at Ghorepani as walk leads into magnificent tall rhododendron and pine tree woodland.
After pleasant walk reach at Ghorepani within the shade of mighty Dhaulagiri and Annapurna peaks surrounded by lovely forest of rhododendron and magnolia trees, at Ghorepani in the comfort of nice lodge facing views of mountains.
Ghorepani populated by Poon Magar people, ethnic hill tribes of Nepal famous as Gorkha soldiers in UK-India and other foreign countries. This village with many good lodges offers marvellous views of Dhaulagiri-Tukuche-Nilgiris and Annapurna Himalayan mountains.
Morning Hike to Poon Hill 3,210 m trek to Tadapani 2,700 m - 05 hrs.
Early morning before breakfast, hike up for an hour on top Poon Hill located above 3,210 m this will be the highest spot of this marvelous scenic treks.
From Poon Hill where you can catch striking sunrise over panorama of mountains includes Dhaulagiri-Tukcuhe-Nilgiris-Annapurna Fang (Vara Shikar) Annapurna range of peaks with majestic Machhapuchare Himal 'Fish Tail' the unclimbed and virgin peaks of Himalaya.
View includes Mt. Manaslu with Lamjung extends to Ganesh Himal towards far east horizon, after an exciting picturesque photo stop head back to Ghorepani for breakfast and carry on trekking uphill into beautiful woods of rhododendron trees with views of mountains.
Finally walk leads to descend and then up at Tadapani for overnight stop situated within beautiful forest offering grand views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Trek to Jhinu Danda 1,780 m a place with hot spring - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant stop at Tadapani, morning walk leads past farm areas into dense woodland with downhill close to Kimrong Valley, as walk leads towards Kimrong Khola (stream) and then a short climb to reach a ridge on the other side of the stream at Jhinu Danda located on a hilly ridge with many good lodges where you can enjoy a dip in the hot-spring which is a mere distance from this village at the bank of Modi River.
Trek to Potana 1,900 m via Landruk 1,460 m - 06 hrs.
From Jhinu with refreshing stop morning walks downhill to Modi River and then up for a while to Landruk village past farm areas and crossing bridge as walk leads to a another large Gurung village of Landruk, after a brief rest walk on winding trails with short up to Tolka facing views of Annapurna South and Huin-Chuli peaks.
From here climb into forested area to reach a scenic spot at Deurali offers fabulous views of peaks and surrounding landscapes.
After a pleasant stop on downhill within rich vegetation and woodland to Potana village for overnight stop with marvelous scenery of landscapes and mountains views.
Trek to Kande 1,530 m drive to Pokhara-03 hrs walk an hour drive.
From Pothana walk leads with last climb of this wonderful trekking into cool shade of forest to reach a magnificent spot at Australian Camp also called Thulo-Kharka meaning large cattle grazing pasture surround within woodland, offering spectacular panorama of Annapurna and Manaslu range of peaks.
From here our last day walks of the journey leads downhill to a farm village at Kande located on the road-side of Beni and Pokhara highway, a few hour rides takes you at lovely and scenic Pokhara by its serene simmering Phewa Lake.
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Pokhara to Nayapul to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu/Chitwan transportation (if you want we can organize for you with additional cost)
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary. We can help you arrange extra nights’ accommodation.
- Your personal expenses such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
As long you are physically fit and in sound health with good medical history background where all age-groups and interested one can join in this short Annapurna Panorama trekking, where you can walk at your own chosen pace and enjoying views and observing interesting culture around hill villages.
The lodges in most of the areas of the walk is nice with clean and tidy rooms having large dining hall with pot-belly stoves to keep you warm while having dinner, where’s attached bathrooms are limited where hot-shower and bath available at extra cost. Food menu are excellent serving seasonal organic vegetables where menu varies from Continental-Oriental-Indian to Nepalese cuisines.
No age bar and limit where all age-groups can join in for various types of holiday provided in varied programs, where children under 16 years of age and above 70 years, should be accompanied by guardian-friends and relatives.
Depending upon the type of trekking where in moderate to adventurous program nearly all age group can join in as long they are physically fit and able to cope with long hours of ups and down-hill as well with cold temperatures wise
On this trek not necessarily, this is a walking journey suitable for beginners in out-door activities as well expert trekkers, where you can walk at normal pace enjoying the surrounding views and interact with friendly villagers.
Ever step you make although much uphill but worth the views of peaks and gaining heights where you can catch cool fresh mountain air.
This is one of the moderate grade walks with ups and downhill with no problem of high altitude gain.
Walk leads from sub-tropical temperature to cooler alpine climate and back to low warm areas at the end of the trekking.
Solo traveler or FIT (Free Individual Traveler) are on their own either with guide and porter, or with only guide cum porter.
But when joining with a group of trekkers can be interesting making friends of different nationalities, and keeps you busy knowing each other or sharing your knowledge with each other.
Each individual in a group differs sometimes, some are close friends and couple or just a solo traveler joining in the group.
Nearly all seasons of the year that one can trek, but the main good times in mid-spring (March to May) and autumn/fall and pre-winter (mid-September to mid of December months)
It depends upon how you spend it, on booking with full payment all main hotel and lodge accommodation are included, with meals on treks and service of guides and porters.
The only extra money required for your personal expenses such as having extra drinks and snacks, as well for souvenir buying.
If you are a beer drinker and other hard drinks, one needs to carry extra more like NRS 5,000 to 7, 000 more on top of average money to carry on trek minimum of NRS 5,000.00.
Extra baggage that is not necessary for Annapurna Skyline Trek can be stored in the hotel, as well as valuable and documents in the hotel locker or with Trekking Planner.
Yes, there is WiFi on the Annapurna Skyline Trek. Sometimes the network is slow, and disturbing in some areas due to weather and places that is located on deep valley and gorge.